Monday 25 September 2017

Happy Homemaker 2017-09-25 - Happy Rudy day!

The weather:::
TOO hot!!  High of 30C with humidity of 40C... Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday... uggg!  I want FALL!!

On my reading pile:::
Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod

On my TV:::
Still watching season 1 of 6 feet under yesterday and have started Nation Z.  I prefer Walking Dead, Nation Z is a bit full of easy jokes and nonsense.

On the menu for this week:::

Pizza on english muffins, baloney with mashed potatoes, hot chicken sandwiches with gravy & fries, ribs & rice and wednesday we will eat out as we have errands and dh is going to a hockey game.
My food prep today was:  cut up a pineapple, cook green beans, cook some hard-boiled eggs, make a veggie potage, make muffins.

On my to-do list:::
  • Cut off flowers and plants - DONE (did the front of the house today)
  • Put away some summer clothes - one load of dresses and skirts is now in the basement
  • Regular housechores
  • Start taking down screen windows .. too hot
  • Take off swing benches - DONE
  • Demantle patio table - DONE
  • Too hot to do much more

What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
My scarf is started but I had to change to a more bulky wool... so now I need to go buy more wool to continue!

Looking around the house:::
  • Chocolate cookies on the LR table (yep that's me!)
  • Zen garden on the other LR table
  • A clean counter
  • portable fan in my bedroom
From the camera:
A picture of a supper we had on Saturday night with friends - potluck formula.  We had a great time



Something fun to share:::
Today is Rudolph Day - 3 months from today is Christmas!  September Rudolph day movie is my favorite - You've Got mail!

What I'm wearing today:::
Jean shorts & a cami with gougounes

Quote
If you want a different life you must be willing to do something different - HAL ELROD

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh - I love these posts! I always enjoy reading Pamela's and now I'm eager to read yours. Maybe I'll get brave one of these days and write one myself...

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3 months - NOOOOO, there's not enough time! Hope your Rudolphy Day was happy! You've Got Mail was a great movie.

    ReplyDelete