Q - What is Beethoven doing in his coffin right now?
A - Decomposing
Recipe - Creepy critter cheesecake (to go with chocolate rats from yesterday)
Serves: 8 Yields: 1 cake
Oven Temp: 350
· 1 1/2 cup(s) ground chocolate wafers (Famous Chocolate Wafers)
· 4 tablespoon(s) sugar
· 5 tablespoon(s) butter, melted
· 2 package(s) (8 ounces each) cream cheese , softened
· 1/2 cup(s) sugar
· 2 large eggs
· 1/2 teaspoon(s) grated orange zest
· 1/2 cup(s) sour cream
· Yellow food coloring
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom.
2. Combine cookie crumbs, sugar, and melted butter in a medium bowl; stir well. Press crumbs evenly onto bottom and sides of prepared tart pan. Bake until fragrant and lightly toasted, about 7 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Reduce oven temperature to 325°F.
3. Beat cream cheese and sugar in a medium bowl, until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition and making sure to scrape sides of the bowl. Add orange zest and sour cream and beat until just blended.
4. Add 4 drops of yellow food coloring and stir well to blend. Remove 1/2 cup of the cheesecake batter and place into a small bowl. Add 5 drops of yellow food coloring to the 1/2 cup batter and stir well. Spoon into a resealable bag.
5. Pour light yellow batter into baked tart crust and smooth top. Snip a very small corner from bag with darker yellow batter. Pipe random spots of batter on top of the tart in a variety of sizes to make the cheese holes. Bake tart until lightly puffed and center is just set, 30 to 35 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack; cool completely. Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving. Serve with Chocolate Rats.
Craft - fright on the fridge
This makes me think of the snowman on the fridge I did for Christmas.